Thursday, April 16, 2009

asparagus scam

Over a month ago, I ordered 40 asparagus plants, 25 for us and 15 for a friend. They were due to ship Priority Mail on April 10. We still don't have them. "No big deal," I thought. "I'll just call the woman who I ordered them from." No big deal, but no one answers her phone, her website is gone, and she isn't returning my e-mails. It's possible we were scammed, but I'm thinking that asparagus is a pretty unlikely scam since no one really buys asparagus plants, right? Please say I'm right. The website (when it existed) was elaborate, ridiculously elaborate. Asparagus is frustrating enough on its own because you have to wait two to three years to harvest it. I'm hoping that they come today. We dug a 25-foot trench (about a foot-and-a-half deep), and I'd like to fill it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment